To love winter is a privilege because let’s face it… there is nothing to love about the daylight fading so soon, the nights being so long and those many months of cold weather when it feels like winter will last forever. But there are many good things about winter too that makes us have a love-hate relationship with it.
So before we wrap up the season we want to share a list of some of the things we love about winter, that make us feel grateful for it.
- The smell: It’s like there is peppermint or eucalyptus to it…but this are just pale imitators of the real thing! whatever it is ….on those first breath we take outside between October and November it makes us feel alive.
- Comfort food: It’s a great the time for feasting without guilt. Hot stews, hot soups, creamy pasta recipes, cheeses and warm bread puddings, warm pies, warm beverages like hot chocolate. Cookies and cakes…..baking!
- Reuniting with family and friends. It’s a season to reconnect.
- That knitted Sweater that makes you feel cozy, hugged , wholesome, sweet, innocent..
- Walking in winter Forest.
- Winter boots. There is nothing better than breaking in to those a new pair of leather boots.
- Walking in winter forest
- Dark nail polish
- Movies blanket pizza and popcorn
- No Mosquitos
- Red Wine
- Snow in the trees
- The feeling of a new beginning
- Empty Beach
What do you love about winter?
Leave us a comment!